Friday, April 13, 2012

Very Superstitious

When I was younger, I was never really superstitious. I walked under ladders all the time. I had a black cat. I stepped on cracks in the sidewalk (I mean that one was kind of unavoidable where we lived). I opened umbrellas indoors. I didn't forward those "FORWARD THIS OR DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH AND HAVE NO LOVE IN YOUR LIFE EVER AND YOUR CRUSH IS TOTALLY GONNA DIE TOO OMG!" chain e-mails. And as much as I wanted to connect to the great beyond with ouji boards, I was usually the one moving it around.

Friday the 13th never scared me. I actually missed the message that 13 was an unlucky number. I always remember thinking of it as my lucky number. And I still do. Not because I have made tons of connections with the number in my life (I haven't). It's just my lucky number because it always has been.

Then I made the connection on December 13th, 2010.
I guess you've always been my lucky star.


So, Happy Friday the 13th everyone! 
I hope yours involved a sleepy dog, a happy baby and a pile of books.
Or, you know, whatever makes you undeniably happy.
Lucky me.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...