Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Men Who Raised Me Up





There are a lot of fathers in my life, and every Father's Day I get overwhelmed thinking about how lucky I am to have all these men by my side. I feel confident about raising my daughter in a family of men who acknowledge and value and support strong women. I feel confident about raising my son in a family of men who will model true manhood for him.

My husband, his father, my father and his father: all of these men who have helped raise my family are leaving a legacy of great kindness and wisdom and happiness for my children and their children. They are all men who raised me up to believe in myself, and will do the same for my babies.

Happy Father's Day, to all of you. My life would not be complete without you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...