Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday's Menus "Make It Work" (Week 11)

I am generally really good at budgeting. I've got my system down, I know how to plan menus around our monthly budget, and all is usually well. But some months start out with vacation and the unplanned and unnecessary trip to Trader Joe's (during which I am helpless to the lure of cheap wine and cheese and frozen treats) and end with a lackluster paycheck. Then it's time for some damage control. Which is where we're at right now.

So this week, there was no grocery store trip. We got milk for Lucas and that was the end of it. Rob's parents brought us some cabbage, onions, peppers, tomatoes, a couple whole chickens and eggs which is supplementing us until the end of the month. And we're on a bare bones menu this week, only using what we've got on hand, no last minute trips to the store for missing ingredients.

I'm just imagining Tim Gunn standing in the kitchen next to me saying, "Make it work." Which is a surprisingly effective method for me. And honestly, it's kind of a fun challenge having to make do with what I've got. I had a lot more in my pantry than I thought!


Week 11 Menu

Monday
Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday
Hot Chicken Sandwiches with Cranberry Almond Coleslaw 
 
Friday

Saturday

Sunday
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...