Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Labor Day Adventures


My Labor Day weekend didn't go quite as planned, but it sure was something to remember.

My blackberry pie was dethroned, but the BBQ was lovely. We picked blackberries near the creek and ate all the pie you could ever hope for. We explored until the babies were falling over from exhaustion, then let them sleep all afternoon and stay up late, because some days are made for breaking the rules.




I crossed off some late summer bucket list adventures: hiking and reading a good book. I crossed a bigger life list goal off as well, and flew in a small plane. But not just any small plane. I hitched a ride in a 1975 Cessna Cardinal, complete with red velvet seats and cigarette trays in true 70's style. Oh, and did I mention the plane was piloted by my brother, who's a 17-year-old licensed private pilot?

Yeah, just take a minute to bask in the glory of how cool he is.



All in all, it was a pretty amazing trip. I'm sad to see it go, but at the same time I'm glad to be home. I hope you all had wonderful adventures over the long weekend as well. 

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...