Monday, September 10, 2012

O is for Overjoyed and Overwhelmed

The end of summer is here, which makes me a little sad. Usually I'm pining for fall by the first of July, but this summer was so magical I hate to see it go. We had so many adventures and good times. There were so many "firsts" for Lucas: the zoo, Virginia City, the Discovery Museum, swimming, splashing in fountains, growing tomatoes, wagon rides. Watching him grow up is bittersweet, the end of summer feels like the end of an era.

Lucas' first time at the Great Reno Balloon Races

But fall is my favorite time of year, and I'm excited for all the new adventures this season will bring. Already, I feel like my calendar is filling to the bursting point. I'm hosting parties and dinners and pancake breakfasts, I've joined a writers group and I'm running this amazing Color Me Rad 5K. I want to take Lucas to all the cool events in our area: the air races, candy dance festival, outhouse races, the Nevada Day Parade. I feel like there's something new to add to my list each day. And my life is taking some serious twists and turns right now, and although I'm disoriented, I'm also very excited for what's ahead.

To sum it up, I'm overjoyed and overwhelmed, and I couldn't be happier.

Here's to another wonderful season of our life.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...